Overview of the Innomatic Platform releases and their support & maintenance life cycles.
Product Service Life
Our software products are continuously evolving, and we have released many versions over the years.
We strive to release stable products with cutting edge technology. However, with new software, there is the inevitable need for Software Maintenance services to provide bug fixes and adjustments for evolving web-technologies.
And as our products always provide new features and possibilities, our documentation and user forums may not always be able to provide an answer to all questions that may arise, in which case our Product Support service team stands ready to assist.
Over time, existing product versions mature and new versions becomes the center of attention for customers wanting the latest and greatest in features and extensibility. We adapt to this continuous evolution by phasing out services for the old versions while commencing services for the new.
This means that our services specific to each release are only available from a given start date until an end date. The time in between the start and end dates is what we call the product's Service Life.
This table provides an overview of the beginning and end of the Service Life of our products* for Innomatic Platform Subscription customers.
|Product||First Ship Month (FSM)||Last Ship Month (LSM)||End of Service Life (EOSL)||Service Life Extension (SLE)|
|Innomatic 6.5 LTS||December 2015||December 2016**||End of November 2018||Eligible. End of November 2022**|
|Innomatic 6.4 LTS||December 2014||December 2015||End of November 2017||Eligible. End of November 2019|
|Innomatic 6.3||February 2014||August 2014||End of February 2015||Not Eligible|
|Innomatic 6.2||January 2014||July 2014||End of January 2015|
|Innomatic 6.1||December 2013||June 2014||End of December 2014||Not Eligible|
|Innomatic 6.0||October 2013||April 2014||End of October 2014||Not Eligible|
|Releases previous to Innomatic 6.0 have all reached their end of Service Life.|
- FSM: The First Ship Month we accept installations to start using this version.
- LSM: The Last Ship Month we accept installations to start using this version.
- EOSL: End Of (normal) Service Life, the last month we provide Product Support and Software Maintenance services for a given version.
- SLE: Extended Software Maintenance which includes security updates beyond EOSL. Contact your sales representative for more details and availability of versions not listed with a SLE here. Note: SLE is a "best effort" product with no bug fix guarantee. Hence it is not recommended under SLE to do new development like re design, moving to new servers, new server operating system or similar. For such efforts, please upgrade to a version within normal service life first.
- LTS: Long Term Support release
* For individually agreed lengths of Service Life, please consult your contract. If it goes beyond EOSL it will effectively be valid under the terms of SLE.
** 6.5 being the last Innomatic Legacy release will be available for existing Innomatic customers beyond Last Ship Month (until EOSL), and have an extended service life, making it an ideal release for slow migration to the new Innomatic Platform.